Differentiate Your Socials From Competitors
See how Bleacher Report used Surf Analytics to create data-driven insights.
About Bleacher Report
Bleacher Report is a sports news media website that focuses on content creation for a vast audience of sports lovers. For B/R it is crucial to have marketing initiatives with a clear purpose to funnel through your most engaged followers.
Problem: Finding audience overlap and determining successful content creation
In order to create data-driven marketing decisions, Bleacher Report needed to examine engagement with specific pieces of social media content and look at audience overlap of the following:
- Within their owned social accounts
- With social media influencers
- With competitors
Solution: Using the comparison function and content analysis tool
By using the “comparison” function within Surf Analytics, B/R was able to do the following:
- Discover audience overlap between their main B/R account and their sport-specific social handles (i.e. @brfootball) with the goal of diversification across all social handles to uncover and engage with new and unique followers.
- Discover audience overlap with specific influencers to determine partnership possibilities and the potential to reach new audiences.
- Trends within overlapped as well as non-overlapped audiences with their competitors
Using the content analysis tool enabled B/R to uncover the following:
- Overall engagement rates with specific pieces of content
- Whether individuals deemed ‘highly valuable’ engaged with certain pieces of content (i.e. did an athlete, celebrity or person of interest engage with the content)
- Engagement rates on partnered content to determine if the partnership is of value
Surf Analytics has been a valuable tool for Bleacher Report to determine which content and audiences perform best as well as uncover valuable audience members for influencer marketing. The ability to compare follower overlap as well as run content reports has been a key contributor to creating marketing strategies related to content creation and engagement funnels. Annual subscriptions allow B/R to continuously analyze and review trends within their content and audiences to ensure they remain on target with marketing initiatives.