Uploading & Viewing Your Instagram Followers As A List
Want an updated and accurate list of your followers within a matter of minutes?
Uploading your followers as a list on Surf Analytics allows for enhanced accuracy without having to wait for a refreshed report on Surf Analytics.
To gather the data, you can either:
- Download your Instagram followers as a JSON Data Download file. We have previously covered a step-by-step process on how to download your Instagram data here.
- Have a CSV list of Instagram handles you would like to be added to your new list
Step #1: Open up an Instagram profile on Surf Analytics. If your profile you wish to create a list of followers for is already on Surf Analytics, you can type the open the profile on Surf Analytics to manually select the followers
Step #2: Click “Actions” in the highlighted green button. Then, click “Create List”
Step #3: Name your new list, and choose one of the three following options to upload your Instagram followers onto your new list.
When uploading your follower data into Surf Analytics, you have the following three options:
- Create an empty list and manually enter each follower’s profile handle
- Add current search results of an existing Instagram profile on Surf Analytics to your new list from an existing Instagram profile on Surf Analytics
- Import Instagram profiles from CSV file to have a more accurate and updated view of your followers
*Note: If you are an Enterprise customer on Surf Analytics, you can choose to “share with your team” for visibility of your new list of followers across the team.
Step #4: Now that your list has been created, you can revisit it at any time by visiting “Lists” in the top right navigation bar.
*Please note: Despite our best efforts, Surf Analytics will no longer be able to update Instagram data outside of uploaded reports. Recently, Instagram changed its API significantly, incapacitating our ability to capture data. Since then, we've been working to document and modify our processes. Our developers have reached the conclusion that this is no longer feasible.
Have questions? Reach out to us at email@example.com for a chat!